Because we are ALL animals (From Janet)
When it comes to stereotyping, prejudice and racism, most people relate that ONLY to humans. But we humans do the same thing to animals, as we do to each other when it comes to that.
When it comes to animals, many feel that:
- It’s okay to purposely and relentlessly breed animals because humans want breed-specific puppies and kittens.
- It’s okay to tattoo your domestic animal because humans think it’s cool to do that.
- It’s okay to cage animals in zoos, for humans to look at.
- It’s okay to use animal fur in <anything> because it’s soft.
- It’s okay to strike, intimidate, hurt, and hold back food to train an animal to get them to do what humans want.
- It’s okay to have inhumane factory farming because as long as we provide meat to humans, it doesn’t matter how we do it.
- It’s okay to tether an animal outside because it’s easier for humans to keep them outdoors.
- It’s okay to look the other way when it comes to animal neglect or abuse because “they are probably used to living like that”.
It’s NOT okay. None of it is. And yet, there are still so many people accepting of these ideals, and many of them fighting to keep them. Yes, as strong as we are in numbers defending against these very things, there are that many people fighting FOR them.
When did suffering on ANY level become just about “basic Human rights”? What about all living beings’ rights? ALL are entitled, not just humans.
Who, really, gets to decide who is entitled, and who should be dis-included and/or denied?
Animals have social order. They communicate. They fend for and defend their families. They feel pain. They feel hunger. They feel cold. They get allergies. They know the number of offspring they have. They are role driven. They are organized. They are territorial. They mourn. They get ill. They die. They know the difference between freedom and misery.
Humans have social order. They communicate. They fend for and defend their families. They feel pain. They feel hunger. They feel cold. They get allergies. They know the number of offspring they have. They are role driven. They are organized. They are territorial. They mourn. They get ill. They die. They know the difference between freedom and misery.
However, animals DON’T kill, hunt, attack, capture or abuse any other living being for their entertainment, profit or gain.
Some might say that non-human animals are better than us, just for that reason.
A lot of people just don’t get that when it comes right down to it, we are ALL animals.
So many feel that because we are seen as the superior race, that we should act above ALL other sentient beings. In all things.
And that is simply wrong.
Given our “superiority”, one would think that we Humans should be able to see and cherish the fact that ALL living beings are worth being treated and celebrated for who they are, and what they represent globally. We should be able to see the parallels and fine lines that put Humans and non-human animals in sync on so many levels.
It’s not just about the Human Race anymore. We are killing EVERYTHING at an alarming rate, doing despicable things to mostly every living creature on this planet. EVERY LIVING creature. Many to extinction. To extinction.
How does that make US the superior ones? What give US the right? The truth is, nothing GIVES us the right to do with as we please to whatever living being we come across. Yet, it’s allowed and even acceptable.
Just because we can, doesn’t mean we should.
Two legs or four legs, we are ALL animals.