Weddings Are Going to the Dogs!
Before you Comment, take a moment to review our guidelines!
Wedding season is upon us!
Including a four-legged groomsman, ring bearer, maid of honor, or furry flower girl as part of your wedding? Many couples consider their dog part of the family, so it’s not surprising that Fido is often part of the wedding celebrations too. And having a dog in a wedding will surely make for some great photos!
As a bride and groom you want to look your best on this important day and you want your dog to look stylish too. The Classy Dog has beautiful handmade wedding apparel for your dog. Have your own design ideas? Our designers can custom make a one-of-a-kind dress or vest.
Here are some helpful tips on including your dog in your wedding celebration:
- Check that your venue is dog friendly.
- Bring your dog to the rehearsal to do a practice run (including dress rehearsal).
- Make sure you decide on a particular role for your dog.
- Your dog should get plenty of exercise before the ceremony so that he is calm.
- Entrust someone to handle your dog throughout the event. Consider having a pet sitter who will act as your dog’s guide and watch him during the reception. That way you won’t need to worry about who might be feeding him human food (or keeping him away from the wedding cake).
- Have handler take him out for periodic breaks as it might become a bit overwhelming for him. If he is a little skittish consider having someone carry him or letting him ride in a wagon. If he is easily distracted, be sure to use a leash.
- Have treats handy to keep your pooch entertained as well as water to keep him hydrated.
- Make sure any flowers or plants being used at your wedding are not toxic to pets.
- The photographer you hire should be comfortable working with dogs.
- Arrange for a quiet room where your dog can rest in his crate if he needs a nap.